Homecrest is a neighborhood situated in the New York City borough of Brooklyn, sometimes considered as part of Sheepshead Bay. It borders Kings Highway to the north, Avenue X to the south, Coney Island Avenue to the west, and Ocean Avenue to the east. Homecrest uses the ZIP Code, 11229. The area is served by Brooklyn Community Board 15. and policed by the NYPD's 61stPrecinct.
- Residential: In the early 21st century many condominiums were built. Many private residential two-story homes have been renovated into mini-mansions, some estimated at a half-million to a million dollars in estimated value. Just south Of Avenue 'V', one-story bungalow type homes are commonplace, as are rows of one-story brick homes with community backyards and driveways.
- Educational: There are a number of public schools, such as P.S. 255 Barbara Reing School (formerly William E. Kelly until 1994), P.S. 153 Homecrest and J.H.S. 234 W. Arthur Cunningham. Other local Schools include St. Edmund Preparatory High School, Nefesh Academy For Girls Yeshiva, Prospect Park Girls Yeshiva, Windmill Montessori School and Touro College Graduate School Of Education and Psychology.
- Transport: Homecrest is served by the B Q trains of the BMT Brighton Line, with stations located at Kings Highway, Avenue U, and Neck Road. The B3, B7, B36, B49, B68, B82 buses serve the area.
- Shopping: Kings Highway (to the north) is a major shopping street. Coney Island Avenue and Avenue U are also important.
- Parks: William E. Kelly Memorial Park is a NYC P&R Park located along Avenue 'S', E. 14th.-15th. St.'s. It is a large community park featuring courts for tennis, basketball and handball, as well as a playground for kids. Kelly Playground, located at East 16th. Street and Ave. 'S', has basketball and handball courts. Students from the adjacent public schools, as well as local Yeshiva schools, often utilize the playground when school is in session. In the 1960s through 1970s, the playground had a roller hockey rink. Mellett Playground is a NYC Parks & Recreation Playground located along Avenue 'V, E. 13th.-14th. St.'s. It is a smaller community park featuring basketball hoops, a handball court as well as a kids playground area.